back-up lights...

Does anyone know what would cause reverse lights not to come on when truck is put into reverse? It has an auto tranny. Is there a switch somewhere that activates them? I thought it was the bulbs but it's not. The truck doesn't pass its inspection because of the back-ups don't light up. Crazy, like I'm going to drive down the road backwards or something, damn New York. Every other light works but the reverse lamps too, I didn't think they could flunk the thing for something like that but they did, probably just after some extra $$$ to help pay for the sniffer machine. TIA for any help.

Reply to
Robbo

The back=up switch is part of the neutral safety switch . Mine is where the shift linkage goes into the side of the trans. I wish my state had a safty inspection. You should see the junk on the roads here in Az. And we dont even have salt to deal with. Scott

Reply to
zonie

Join our official Forums at http://board.**************.com and learn more about this next generation Cannonball Run Greetings,

K i m b l e Founder of the Ultimate Rally. w w w . k i m b l e . o r g

Reply to
jeager3

Yup. Have your local transmission fellow look at it. There should be some wires coming out of the transmission, two sets if it is a 4X4.

Reply to
C. G. Haley