Bad heater core?

I own a tacoma prerunner, 1999, 60,000 miles, 2 wheel drive, automatic,

4 cyl.

I used to own a 1992 corvette (nightmare, stay away, you have been warned) and its heater core went bad (and it aint cheap replacing that). One thing I noticed about the vette before the heater core started leaking all over the passengers feet was that when I turned on the AC, a "fog" would blow out of the vents... like smoke, but odor-less...

could my tacomas heater core be going bad? Is this even a symptom of such? thansk in advance jazz mann

Reply to
Jazz Mann

Sounds more like moisture vapor from using the AC -- on hot days I get t from my vehicles too. If it were the heater core you'd smeel the distint antifreeze sweet smell.

Reply to
Wolfgang

Yep I had a 91 camary for 13 years that would blow fog "smoke" from time to time when tempature and humidity was just right in car. It is caused by the cold dry air mixing with warmer humid air is car and it can "fog" at times. It is no cause for concern. (sometimes it can really fog for a few seconds too)

Reply to
SnoMan

Reply to
Jazz Mann

My neighbor has a 1971 Vette w/454 & 4-speed. He won't let me drive it though so I don't really know if the vette sucks or not, but he does for not letting me drive it. :-) davidj92

Reply to
davidj92

Dood, you need to move - seriously :)

Stew

Reply to
S.Lewis

before i owned mine, all the vette owners I talked to told me id love it... then when i got it, and all sort of american-car problems satrted happeneing, they all would say "yeah, mine does/did the same thing." Im like "well, how did you fix it?" these guys would alwasy respond "Ask my mechanic". So i determined until I have enough money to let a mechanic fix all my car problems, and until I have enough money to get a car as a weekend-only car, ill stay away from vettes...

love my taco (and my wife accord)

Reply to
Jazz Mann

I was just kidding about the vette, although I would like the rush I'd get from thrashing it. :-) I like my Toyotas and the Hondas I've owned, too. Don't think there are any better. davidj92

Reply to
davidj92

haha! not to get off topic, but the burn outs were fun, and the fun part was the fact that all those high school kids in their pimped out low riding civics decided not to rev up their engines at stop lights... I did however get some attitue from some sport mazda (cant remember their sports car name)... he tried so hard to out run me (and it was a hard fight) but he ran off with his tail tucked..

I actually thought the car would get me more looks for people/chicks... it did the opposite... I got the feeling that everyone hated me when I drove the vette... other vette owners i talked to say the same thing...

Anyway, sorry to have gotten off topic, thanks for the heater core reassurance fellas!

gonna buy me some yokohama geolanders next week for my tacoma!

davidj92 wrote:

Reply to
Jazz Mann