Bed Liners....

I know about the Rhino-Liner, a lot of people seem to recommend it but the cost can be inhibiting... $400 - $500... I was wondering if anyone has tried the self-applicating Herculiner? A guy I know here was telling me about it, and he made it sound good... Especially when considering the $150 to $200 price tag for a double coat....

Has anyone here had experience with Herculiner or any of the other self-application spray on/paint on liners?

Thanks!

Reply to
Raksashan

Got Line-X and love it. Got it after I removed my 1 year old $300 official toyota accessory drop in liner and saw all the damage it was doing to my paint.

Reply to
Kleanbore

I have a Line-X liner myself. It's awesome and was $350 over the rail where I live. I have also read that the herculiner and similar products actually work pretty well if make sure you do a very thorough job on the prep work.

Reply to
dave

Apparently, you didn't see the damage done to the paint while installing the Line-X crap. All the grinding done using the Line-X product couldn't equal the rubbing done by the bedliner. Why didn't you use one of the available pads between the bedliner and truck bed?

Reply to
Esteban

The difference between the two being that the Line-X procedure is intentional, to allow bonding.

Line-X crap? Not the type you're full of.

---------------------------------------------------- "When I came home from Vietnam in 1969, I don't know if John Edwards was out of diapers then yet or not, I'm totally not sure. I don't know." - John Kerry

Reply to
Eric Dreher

I know two men that went the self application method. One prep'ed the bed well, and the other did not. The good prep job is good, and the other has just a little pealing at places it did not stick well. Some, but not all of the kits were available from Walmart.

Reply to
Alesandra

I suppose it's all the same from your perspective (a$$hole).

Reply to
Esteban

You're quite correct. Exactly your likeness.

---------------------------------------------------- "When I came home from Vietnam in 1969, I don't know if John Edwards was out of diapers then yet or not, I'm totally not sure. I don't know." - John Kerry

Reply to
Eric Dreher

Reply to
Kleanbore

You're trying to reason with an idiot. Anyone who calls Line-X "crap", isn't the brightest bulb in the chandelier.

---------------------------------------------------- "When I came home from Vietnam in 1969, I don't know if John Edwards was out of diapers then yet or not, I'm totally not sure. I don't know." - John Kerry

Reply to
Eric Dreher

It's always easy to result in name calling when hiding behind a computer.

Reply to
Esteban

i have a line-x in my chevy, and only thing they did to get it ready was a lite sanding, i think a lite sanding is better then what the drop in i had had done. as far as the herc. liner do it yourself kit, i have seen a few and to me the person didnt take the time to do it right, looked like a 3 year old kid had done them.

Reply to
Charles H.

Obvisousley this idiot has never seen a Line-X liner or understands the concept, you can't even try to argue with people like this. He probably has some cheap plastic drop-in and can't afford the cash for a real liner.. just ignore

Reply to
Doug King

If the spray-on type of bedliners are so great why haven't they been provided as a standard feature or as an option by truck manufacturers? Toyota doesn't even offer a version of it in their accessory list.

Reply to
Esteban

I forgot to add that I've seen the Line-X product along with a few other spray-on types. In my opinion, they all looked bad even when new but especially after a few years of use. Some that I saw were peeling away from the bed and had rust developing underneath from trapped moisture. The product just seems to me to go from bad to worse. I'm not an advocate of the plastic bedliners. In fact, I've chosen an entirely different product to line or cover my truck bed.

Reply to
Esteban

Nissan offers factory installed bed liner. See

my Toyota dealer offered it as a local installation, but I declinedand had Line-X installed. Line-X has done well in over 76,000 miles on a2002 Tundra.

Reply to
Offen Rong

Bingo.

---------------------------------------------------- "When I came home from Vietnam in 1969, I don't know if John Edwards was out of diapers then yet or not, I'm totally not sure. I don't know." - John Kerry

Reply to
Eric Dreher

Another moronic comment from the idiot.

Reply to
Esteban

Nissan's in on the act, Toyota will probably follow soon...

This new for ?04 model has an optional (standard on the LE version) spray-on bedliner that is more durable than a traditional drop-in bedliner and stronger than other aftermarket spray-on bedliners, according to Steve Younan, Nissan marketing.

Applied by a robot at Nissan?s new Canton, Miss., plant, the Durabed Liner was developed by PPG with input from Nissan. It is made ?from a high performance elastomer coating formed by a two component system that when combined reacts to create a polymer chain that crosslinks with other chains to form a tough, high, light and moisture resistant coating,? says Nissan.

Esteban wrote:

Reply to
Kleanbore

First, because of the material they are working with and the difficulties they face using it in a production environment, MFGs have shyed away from offering it as an option. HOWEVER, Next year ford will start making it an option on Half of the 250 and 350 F line pick ups. Also, Toyota will also start offering it as an option in 05, their cost will be between 1000-1500, so I don't think that's going to be a big seller.

Reply to
Doug King