Beep when door is open

I'm borrowing a US-market Toyota pickup truck. I don't know what model or year it is, but it's small and fairly old. It's a four-speed stick-shift with an emergency brake that sticks out like a rod from the dashboard to the right of the wheel, where you pull it out to set it, and pull and turn it to release it, if any of that detail helps identify the truck.

When I stop it, I can't find a way to turn the ignition key further than "ACC" - I can't get it to "LOCK". And, when I open the door, there's a continuous beep, which stops when I close it again. Is the beep explained by my inability to get the key to the "LOCK" position, or is it something else? Any ideas are welcome. I tried calling the owner, but he doesn't seem to know what it could be.

-- Mark

Reply to
Mark Carroll

In article , Mark Carroll wrote: (snip)

Okay, I'm a dumbass. (-: I just went outside again and found the little button you push, just above the lock barrel, that lets it move over to "LOCK". Now there's no more beep!

-- Mark

Reply to
Mark Carroll

At least you beat us to it.

Dont know why the owner couldnt tell ya that eh?

Reply to
Scotty

I guess he must have thought it was too obvious to be worth mentioning

- I'm expecting he'll get a good laugh out of the story. (-:

-- Mark

Reply to
Mark Carroll