bench seats aaaggrrr

I just bought a "budget" Tacoma. It's all I needed and I love it except for the bench seat. Is there any way to replace that with bucket seats? Is there any custom seats for the base Tacoma?

Reply to
Lex

No way. Sorry, you are stuck with what you've got.

I believe that the buckets from the "upgrade" models will bolt right in. They aren't cheap though.

You don't say what model year. For 1995-2004 models, decent quality junkyard or aftermarket custom seats are readily available. Probably not so available for 2005-2006 models which have a wider body. My own is a 1995 so I don't have a whole lot of detail on the newer years.

Got a Tacoma? Join psam-free

a Corolla? Join psam-free

Mike Harris

What year? Typically, you can easily swap in nicer seats from an equivalent year Taco or 4Runner. The junkyard is your friend.

Reply to
Andy Hill

Wrecked '05+ Tacomas are just starting to show up in junkyards.

I've gotten good replacement seats for two different vehicles at local yards. Just make sure you can see it first, so you can avoid the blood stained examples.

Don't forget the tracks, if they're different than what you've got.

Reply to
B A R R Y

I bought a new 06 model. What I've heard so far is encouraging. I will check with the junk yards tomorrow. Thanks to all.

Reply to
Lex