Best Mileage to date - 03 Taco

03 Taco, 2.7L 4x4 manual. 20,000kms (12,400miles). Getting my best mileage to date. Around the city about 23MPG. Last all city driving tank I recorded 24MPG. I just came back from a trip, mostly highway, 26MPG, speeds of 90-120kph (55-74mph).

Last summer it was about 20-22MPG and 24-25 on the highway. The only change I can say I have made is I'm easy on accelerating and I coast in the highest gear without struggling, or just coast downhills in neutral. I guess engine breakin may be a factor too.

Also, my mileage is slightly off due to larger tires, 31inch versus the stock 28inch. So in fact, I'm getting slightly better mileage than what my speedo tells me.

Reply to
Brad P

Wow... I'm impressed. I can't wait to see how good the mileage on my reg cab 2wd 2.4l will be.

Reply to
Trailswipe

Why don't you just shut the engine off when you go down hill or stop at a traffic light, seems like alot of trouble for a mpg figure thats not for sure due to the larger tires.

Tom

Reply to
tflfb

That's a great reading. With my 1988 2wd with the 2.4 L 22R I was not getting that good of mileage.

I'd hope the two factors was I was at 4500 ft elevation, and didn't have injection.

Reply to
<owl_1971