Bouncy shocks

Hi,

I replaced the worn out original shocks on my T-100 this fall. I had seen a lot of rancho on trucks around town, read about them on the internet, and thought they would be a good replacement shock. I put the 5000 on the front and 9000 on the rear. I thought having an adjustible shock would be a good thing, since I sometimes tow a camper or a boat, and of course, the bed is sometimes empty, sometimes, full. I discussed this briefly with my 4x4 shop and they thought this was a good arrangement. I am very disappointed, the truck now often seems to seesaw down the road. I have tried adjusting the

9000, but have not yet found the right combination. I have tried putting sandbags for traction in the back, but it doesn't sovle it either It gets very annoying, and I can't imagine it is good for the tires. Anyone had similar experience? Was I a total fool to mix the 5000 and 9000? AND, If the answer is yes (to the fool part) what is the best course of action? Has everyone else been happy with their ranchos?

THanks,

David in CO.

Reply to
david ballard

I live in Grand Junction and Alcan Springs leaf springs builders is located only a few miles from my house. I went down to check on getting new suspension for my ''85 4Runner as what I have on there now seemed way too stiff. One of the first thing the guy asked was if I had Ranchos on it. I replied, "Yup," and the next thing he said was, "get rid of them first then see how it rides". Now, these guys are getting some world wide recognition for the springs they build for 4x4s so they must know their stuff. The problem according to them is Ranchos are valved too hard and in their opinion the 9000s are junk. I pulled the Ranchos off and stuck some still stiff, but lesser, Dick Cepek Race 77s on all 4 corners and felt an immediate difference. I would say the real problem is not the mix of shocks, but the brand.

Chris

Reply to
Whitewall Junkie

Go with Bilsteins. Best shock out there. I've use Bilsteins on my last 3 vehicles.

Reply to
redvet