brake light on dashboard always on

Hi again... The red brake light [on the dash panel] renains on even when the handbrake is disengaged...I even took the microswitch out, thnking it was that...and the brake fluid looks ok, the brakes work fine... Anyone know of a TSB or a problem with shorted harnesses? TIA Peter

Reply to
pieter_bull

Add some brake fluid.This should fix it.

Reply to
W.T. MC GLYNN

As a further note, there is a pin on the e-brake rod which engages/disengages the safety switch. If it is broken off, the brake light will always be on. That happened on mine so I removed the switch there. So now the light will only come on when there is low brake fluid. HTH -O

Reply to
P Jenner

I'm not sure what year your truck is but I had a similar problem and it turned out to be a bad sensor in the brake fluid reservoir. Kept my cruise control from working until I replaced the switch. The rubber cap and switch come as an assembly and Toyota hits you for about $70.00 for it.

Reply to
Al Z