Brake pulsation vibration problem

Brake pulsation vibration problem:

When I step on the brakes at around 30 miles per hour I get a vibration from the front disk brake. I checked the rotor with a dial indicator and it is perfectly true. Also checked the front suspension and ball joints and no looseness at all. Does anyone have any ideas...?

Reply to
hargow20

Your rotor may be running true, but it has either pitting or parallellism problems. Almost guaranteeed.

Reply to
clare

No I put a new rotor on and it is in good condition.

Reply to
hargow20

Does the pedal junp? Does the steering shake? If the pedal jumps, it's the rotor. Period (or the problem is in the rear, and it's a drum) If the dedal doesn't jump, and the steering shakes, it COULD STILL be a rotor, but could also be steering related. Checked the INNER tie rod ends? (they are inside the steering rack on rack and pinion steering)

Reply to
clare

Try a different set of front wheels and tires.

Reply to
Jeff

Worth a try - but GENERALLY tires or rims will show up without applying the brakes. It IS true that some tire defects are more noticeable when under torque.

Reply to
clare

This article may be helpful:

.