Brakes

I also have a 1988 toyota pickup 4 cylinder 4x4.

And it sounds like I am having the same problem. I can pump it up and the brake holds but as soon as I release the peddle to the top the next pump goes to the floor. I have bleed All five bleeders in the proper sequence. How does the return from LSPV to the front brake get bleed? Does the bleeder (on the LSPV) do both lines. in and out? It is as though I have a huge pocket of air some where.... Please post any progress.

Thanks and Good luck Jack

Cody have you fixed your problem?

Reply to
Anonymous

Have you checked clearance of the rear shoes? If you can pump the pedal and then maintain pressure without a problem, that would not indicate air in the system.

Reply to
qslim

My take is that you need a master cylinder, especially if after you pump the pedal up, it sinks slowly while you hold your foot on the pedal.

Reply to
Jeff Strickland