checking codes on toyota

if I jumper TE1 and E1 will that give me a flash light at my engine light at the dash. trying to work from a manual and I'm confused.

I am burning rich and cant idle after starting but can drive no problem , to maintain idle I have to rev at a stop.

Reply to
cme

In short, your description above is basically correct. The following web page has an excellent tutorial on the procedure:

Likely your Throttle Position Sensor may not be adjusted properly:
And the idle speed is adjusted with the idle air valve screw atop the throttle body itself.

Reply to
Roger Brown