cigarette lighter wiring 91 pickup

My lighter doent work. I opened up the wiring and there were no wire conneted to it. The wire cluster which feeds the lighter has only one loose wire which is red. I assume it is the 12V hot wire. What do I do for the other tab on the lighter which is probably a ground but has no wire for it? Thanks for any help _ Pete

Reply to
Epetek1

just screw one end of a wire to the firewall behind the dash and the other end to the body of the lighter housing.

Reply to
MrFixit469

Unless this was added on by some one there is either a ground wire buried somewhere (perhaps when a aftermarket radio was installed) or it is grounded to metal by its mounting. OEM lighters often don't work because the fusible inline hidden link has blown. Ensure you have voltage at the end of the red wire.

Reply to
Wolfgang