CLEANING ALLOY RIMS

What should I use to clean brake dust off my aluminum alloy rims without damaging them...

Reply to
Paul

I use car wash soap mixed with water per the mixing instructions and a soft cloth mitt. A soft nylon brush dipped in the bucket is good used gently around the valve stem and wheel weights. There's usually a clear coat on the alloys and you don't want to damage that with something caustic. I've tried wheel specific cleaners before and thinking I was smart let it stay on longer than the instructions - it ate holes in the clear coat and made the rest of the finish milk-like... what a mess.

Reply to
Jonnie Santos