clicking noise from 3.0L engine -- normal?

Hi, thinking of buying a 95 4Runner 3.0. There's a clicking noise coming from around the top of the engine that sounds like a lifter but I have heard it might be the fuel injection. Does a properly working FI make that noise?

TIA.

Reply to
Zen Cohen

I posted the same question a month or so ago.

If it's clicking like a relay, then yep, it's the fuel injectors. And it's totally normal. It's when you don't hear the clicking you have a problem. :)

Reply to
Eddie

I hear a similar clicking on my 99 4Runner (2.7), but I believe it is normal. Hope it is not a lifter problem...

-Guicho.

Reply to
Guicho