Clutch pedal squeeks.

Took my '90 4Runner for recall (steering relay rod). When I got it back I noticed the clutch pedal squeeks about 2"-3" from the bottom. I can feel friction at that point. I greased every joint and the two clutch related switches under the dash.

I cannot trace the linkage once it gets into the engine compartment or under the truck. I did find some linkage under the truck under the front passenger seat and greased that up as well (it looks like it might be the hand break linkage to the rear wheel).

Somewhere back in my mind I ran into this problem before and resolved it. Unfortunately age (mine) is taking it's toll and I cannot remember what I did.

Any ideas?

Reply to
grinder

Took the truck to the garage and the mechanic said the squeeking clutch pedal is SOP with trucks from about 1988-2001. His 2000 Tundra has the same problem and evidently Toyota has issued TSBs saying the squeeking is normal.

Reply to
grinder

Many have the pivot point bracket that the clutch petal swings on crack from use. It squeaks only until it breaks and you have to have it welded.

Reply to
Wolfgang

Did you get a recall letter - or just schedule and take it in? I'm original owner of a '90 4Rnr --- never moved and haven't gotten a recall notice. Do they have to realign the front end when they replace the piece? If so is that under the recall to? I did have the AC evap valve replaced (and the R12 FREON) under a special service campaign --- FREE. But it was after taking it in to have AC repaired. I was expecting a $400+ bill - but nada!

Reply to
Wolfgang

Had that happen already. You can tell when the bracket is weakening because the clutch will have to be depressed further and further to disengage.

I don't have any such problem.

Reply to
grinder

Recall letter.

I'm original

Yes. The dealership allowed 4 hours to do the entire job.

If so is

Yes.