code 25

My check engine light came on in my 95 4runner and according to the flashing code I got using the diagnostic box it came up "code 25 - air/fuel ratio rich". Is there a way to tell rather it is the 02 sensor or a bad injector? It hesitates alot when accelerating and is shaky when idling.

Thanks for any help you can give, Keith

Reply to
Keith

Its seeing O2 sensor voltage remaining too high. It has a fuel leak or something. Now if you get a code 26 with it, you've got trouble.

Reply to
MDT Tech®

Oops, it's LEAN, not RICH. Which is it referring to, the air is lean or the fuel is lean?

-Keith

Reply to
Keith

Ah heck, I should of known that, the 26 is rich. Well, I'd look for a vacuum leak or a dead or dying o2 sensor.

Reply to
MDT Tech®

Rich means there's too much fuel in the mixture.

bearman

Reply to
bearman

Reply to
Fred

Its a signature file and not part of my post, so ignore it and press on. If you'll read my post, I actually answered the question. Must be a newbie, dont understand what a signature file is?

Fred, whats your whining have to do with his code 25? Try answering the question instead of whimpering.

Reply to
MDT Tech®

Reply to
Fred

Its only 3 days old now. ;-D

You too!

Reply to
MDT Tech®

MDT, I like your new tag line, funny but true. It also took less time than it did for Bill to figure out what "have sex:" meant. :-D davidj92

Reply to
davidj92

I dont think he has figured that out yet! ;D

Reply to
MDT Tech®