cold temps and 'VSC TRAC' and 'VSC OFF' lights

I have a 2002 Sequoia and have a problem with the 'VSC TRAC' and 'VSC OFF' lights coming on only when its below about 35 F. They both come on, usually after moving the vehicle a short distance, and they stay on -no matter how long I drive the vehicle. If I turn the vehicle off and then restart it the problem repeats BUT only while the vehicle is still cold (first 5 to 10 minutes). If I turn the vehicle off after about 10-15 minutes and then start it again, the problem will not repeat. I have had it to the Toyota dealer twice now. The first time they replaced the TRAC COMPUTER. The second time they replaced the SKID CONTROL ECU. It is not an issue of whether they believe me that it is occurring or not -they've witnessed it and made sincere attempts at fixing it.-they just don't know why it's happening.

It appears the same thing has happened to another owner. In a December

2003 message thread with Subject,"RE: vsc lights weirdness", it was reported: "I've got an '03 4Runner SR5 4wd, and on cold mornings two of the VSC warning lights - 'VSC TRAC' and 'VSC OFF' but *not* the little skidding rig icon - come on during the first half mile or so of driving." The thread ends without giving any resolution.
Reply to
Scott A.