Comments on 2 brands of tonneau cover

Anyone have any first-hand experience (owning, living with and/or installing) with either Xtang (soft) tonneau covers, or the Trac Top/Jackrabbit hard covers from Pace Edwards?

I'm tempted by the cheaper, soft covers, only because it's what I see on 99% of trucks. But, I don't understand how people feel secure with them, in terms of theft of bed contents. A sharp box cutter and there goes the fishing tackle (which is worth more than the tonneau cover). My son's theory is that when people see a pickup truck, they think "gun owner", so they leave them alone. But, my son's 14 and living in another world. :-)

Besides the theft issue, I'm interested in reports on durability, water leakage, etc., from anyone who can offer them.

-Doug

Reply to
Doug Kanter

Doug,

Have you looked into an Undercover Tonneau. It's secure, very durable, doesn't leak and is easy to install. I bought one a few months ago and have been very happy with it. Here's the link:

Hope this helps!

-Jay

Reply to
Jay McGranahan

My bed liner does NOT cover the side rails, just the front. Will that present a problem?

Reply to
Doug Kanter

Doug

I'm not sure. The best thing to do is contact the guys at the number on their website or email them. I called them with some questions I had and they were very good about answering all of them.

-Jay

Reply to
Jay McGranahan

I've got the Xtang Tuff Tonneau and love it. Never leaks water and very durable. Also very easy to get on and off when you need to. I had a buddy who had the hard top and the one time we used his truck to pick up a mattress, it was a major, two-man pain in the butt to get that off. But, I didn't get my cover for security. I got it to keep stuff on the inside dry.

Mike T

Reply to
Mike T.