dark dashboard instrument panel

I have a 2001 Toyota Tundra. About two days ago, I noticed that the speedometer and other gauges will not light up. All of the other lights on the truck, including the dome lights, bed light, running lights, etc. work. I checked the fuses but none of them are burnt. Furthermore, when the headlights are turned off, the radio is lit up. When the headlights are turned on, the radio is not lit, but it still works. I just recently had two keyless remotes reprogramed. Is it possible that the service technician did something to the instrument panel wires? I intend to take the truck to the dealer but I thought I would first ask if anybody had expreienced the same problem and had a easy solution. Thanks.

Reply to
planetcalculi

have you checked the dimmer control switch. it may have be accidentally adjusted. I don't know exactly where it would be for your truck, so you should consult your owners manual for the location. look for the instrument/dash disgram and it should be noted.

Reply to
: P

Reply to
planetcalculi

The radio has two light levels. It's bright when the headlights are off so you can see it during the day and it is dimmed when the headlights are on at night. So it's not getting the power for dimmed lighting that is also goes to the instrument lights. There's probably a loose or broken wire. Might have happened when it was serviced.

Reply to
ff