Dash disassembly instructions for '04 4Runner?

Can anyone point me in the direction of some good dash disassembly instructions for the '04 4Runner? I'd like to get a reliable set of instructions before I take on my CD Changer installation.

Thanks, Darryl R.

Reply to
DarrylR

I was pretty pleased with the dash disassembly instructions in my Haynes manual for the Tacoma, which you can get at any auto parts store and most large bookstores.

Unfortunately, your truck's so new that Haynes doesn't have a book for it yet, and neither does Chilton's. You could try the most recent one and see if it's close enough, I guess. Otherwise you might have to spring for a Toyota service manual. You can sometimes get them on eBay.

Dreamer

Thanks, Dreamer.

Reply to
DarrylR

$40,000 truck and you are too cheap to have a $60 professional installation done on a $200 changer....... or did you go bargain walmart $99 POS equipment.

Reply to
Im Right

installation

Actually, you're wrong. Real Men install their own stereo equipment, just like they change their own oil and rotate their own tires. It's just what we do.

Dreamer

In news:vtTPb.19475$ snipped-for-privacy@newsread1.news.atl.earthlink.net, Dreamer being of bellicose mind posted:

"Real Men Don't Eat Quiche"

Philip®

I couldn't have said it better myself. -DR

Reply to
DarrylR

Boy, Mr. Im Right, you're sure making points with that snippy nasty response. And you hang out here to drum up business for your store?

And $60 doesn't get much more than a slap-it-in install with a set of molded brackets. If I'm going through the hassle of changing the stereo, I don't want someone else doing the install in a half-assed manner. Do it right, or don't bother.

Heck, us Real Men not only install our own equipment, we design and build our own mounting brackets to fit the radio and the car out of

1/8" plate aluminum and angle, and mount the radio in a truly bomb-proof manner. (The last one was Pop-riveted together, the next will be MIG welded.) Do it right on the sides, and you won't need the rear strap support.

(Those "Installation Kits" they sell with plastic brackets are only good for inspiration and dimensions. And the molded pockets.)

-->--

Reply to
Bruce L. Bergman