dashboard lights

The lights that light up the dashboard, radio, cigarette lighter ring, gear shifter, etc. quit working yesterday. All of the functions work. The "idiot" lights on the dashboard, the in dash clock and the radio tuner display works. It's just the display lights that do not work.

I checked all of the fuses -- none appear to be blown. I did check the little knob that adjusts the brightness of all these things and turning it makes no differernce.

It is a 1997 4WD 4-Runner. Any ideas?

Reply to
The Baxleys

Do your parking lights work? They have been on the same fuse in the past..

Tony

Reply to
Tony

Nope -- they didn't. I had not noticed that. You are right -- they are on the same fuse and it was blown. Replaced the fuse -- lights work again. Thanks for the help.

Gene

Reply to
The Baxleys