Dealer forgot to put the "Oil" in my Oil Change!

I've been reading the some of posts on synthetic vs. conventional oils. Toyota recommends you not use synthetic until after your first oil change. (See

Search/Help, FAQ's and search for synthetic.)

I have a 2003 Tundra Limited with 1640 miles on it. I decided to get the oil changed early for peace of mind (considering break-in). I took my truck to Legacy Toyota in Tallahassee. (Their express lube (29 minutes or less) took almost two hours.)

Anyway, I noticed while driving home that the oil pressure gauge seemed somewhat low (1/3 off the "L") and the engine ran a little rougher than normal. I got home (about 8-10 miles, moderate traffic, 45 MPH) and parked the truck. An hour later I went out to check the oil and much to my surprise, NO OIL SHOWS ON THE DIPSTICK....NADA!!! Could these guys have forgotten to put any oil in it? I started it briefly, stopped it and checked it and it throws oil up on the dipstick (over the full mark), but after sitting for another 20-30 minutes...SHOWS NO OIL again! I called the dealer and one of the service guys said they had some new guys changing the oil and maybe didn't put the full amount in. He transferred me to the service manager "Craig" who seemed somewhat dismayed. I told him I've changed oil in vehicles for years and I know how to "read a dipstick". He suggested I have it towed back to them, but they are closing now. I will have it towed first thing in the morning when I can be there when they check it. I want all of this documented. I can't believe it... I took my truck to the dealer to get the "oil changed early and have well documented maintenance", because I want this truck to give me many, many miles of service and they forget the oil!!! ...should have just done it myself!