diesel ?

My 92 toyota one ton has 190K miles and although it still runs fine I'm reluctant to take it on long trips. Thinking about trading it for a later model and am considering a diesel. It's to be used for trips to remote areas for doing photography as a retirement hoby. Pros and cons on diesel trucks appreciated.

Reply to
Sitting Bull

I don't think you are in the right newsgroup. Toyota in the USA hasn't had diesels for many years. I think only VW is the only import vehicle offering diesels now. If you prefer diesel over Toyota, the Duramax (made by Isuzu) offered in Chevys is probably your best domestic bet.

Reply to
Bill McCalla

Sitting Bull schrieb:

A diesel has higher MPG, more torque at low RPM, is more durable according to oveall mileage and best of all has no problem with submarining since no ignition a.s.o. are present that may fail. Eats many kinds of fuel - in worst case runs with vegetable oil (BTDTNT). Talking of big natural aspirated diesels w/ mechanical injection system.

Regards,

Axel

Reply to
Axel Hammer

remote areas

Diesel Toyota Hi-Lux is a good choice. The D4D is a gem. Older indirect injection engines were more simple, though not necessarily more durable or reliable [though they fit both descriptions] and provide adequate rather than sparkling performance.

Huw

Reply to
Huw

Mine is an 85 and 86/87 the last year to be imported to Canada/USA. So far I have no problems with it but only has 280,000 kilometers.

1985 4X4 pickup
Reply to
boflaade