Dim display for clock, compass & temperature

I have a 2006 Tacoma with the TRD package and find the display for both the clock and the outside temperature/compass hard to read during the daytime. No lights are on during the day... I know that turning on headlights will dim the displays even further.

Is there any way to make these displays any brighter?

Thanks.

Sam

Reply to
Sam

Bump

Reply to
Sam

In short no if you use higher wattage globes you risk heat damage to the instrument. Joe

Reply to
Joe

Actually its the deep red color that makes it difficult for me to read. If it was a green or white color it would be much more legible. I think it's not the LED's themselves that are the problem, but the colored panel that overlays it.

Personally I think its a safety issue. If I have to take my eyes off the road longer to try to read the clock or temperature that could be a problem.

Sam

Reply to
Sam