Disable the "Key in Ignition" Beeper on 4Runner???

Sometimes I sit in my 4runner and listen to the radio with the door open (while cleaning interior, etc.), but the "key in ignition" beeper drives me nuts.

Is there a way to disable the warning beeper so I can leave the driver's door open and not hear the beeping?

Reply to
james randall

You could pull the light reminder relay or disconnect the door open switch going to it.

Reply to
Roger Brown

The door switch is the easiest way to go. Put a little toggle switch in the kick panel so you can have it both ways

: > Sometimes I sit in my 4runner and listen to the radio with the door : > open (while cleaning interior, etc.), but the "key in ignition" beeper : > drives me nuts. : >

: > Is there a way to disable the warning beeper so I can leave the : > driver's door open and not hear the beeping? : : You could pull the light reminder relay or disconnect the door open switch going to it. : : -- : Roger

Reply to
Ben Dover

Nope, not without crippling many other intergrated systems. I'd remove the key, radio off. Doing wihtout a radio for a few minutes wont hurt. If you cant, get a walkman. ;-D

Reply to
MDT Tech®

And when you lock your key in, headlights wont go "auto off", dome lamp will be inop, ask yourself if it was worth it?

Reply to
MDT Tech®

Hey MDT... could you or could you NOT just jam lots of solid particles inside the buzzer unit to prevent its cone from moving therefore preventing it making any noise? Or is it one of those EVIL plate buzzers that you'd have to cut off to kill?

Nick.

Reply to
Nick Trounson

Isn't there a little rubber nubbin switch that pushes in like on a clothes dryer door? (My 5 year olds are always playing with those switches to make the dome light flash...) Why not just duct tape that thing down while you work? Simple, temporary, and no special tools or knowledge needed. Dee

Reply to
Pookerz

I know its a trivial thing, but I'm 6' 7" and while I'm waiting for my wife or kids to get out of the house or store, I like to open the dorr, hang my left leg out the truck to stetch and listen to a ball game or music. When I'm cleaning the interior, I have all 4 door open and like the radio on.

I don't want to mess up other features on the truck by doing this, but somehow "ding, ding, ding, ding" doesn't go well with Pink Floyd ;<

Reply to
james randall

Reply to
Sharxster

Nick, you bet you could! You could gouge out the top of the buzzer, desolder it from the board or even just stick some duct tape over it.

Reply to
MDT Tech®

Where is this board on a 2000 Taco? I'm sick of the ding ding too. TIA

-paul

Reply to
Paul Cassel

Sorry. Didn't mean to offend any InSync fans.

Reply to
james randall

Radio Shack. Small stitch in-line with the tiny piezo speaker. Or just cut the darn wire.

Reply to
Joseph Oberlander