Disconnecting air intake

I tried disconnecting the air intake on my 22RE to spray throttle body cleaner into the plenum, but the engine (when warm) stalls as soon as the tube is disconnected. Disconnecting the MAF sensor electrically while the air box is connected allows the engine to start, but then the engine stalls in about 5 seconds. This seems to indicate that the fuel pump relay is working, but the computer won't work without the mass air flow sensor feeding it data.

Is there a way around this? The engine should be cold about now, so will give it a try to see if things work open loop. Suggestions welcome.

Reply to
Ferrunner

The fuel pump relay is turned on by the Air Flow Meter:

air flowing through it, no fuel to the engine. You could try jumpering the fuel pump test jumper to make it run:

-- Roger

Reply to
Roger Brown