do I need to correct my spedometer after tire change?

Got a '96 Tacoma. I have P235 R 15 tires and want 31 x 10.5 R15 tires. Do I have to correct the speedometer after the change in Tire size and how do I go about doing this?

thanks,

roxy

Reply to
Roxy

Roxy,

Your speedometer will be off by only a couple mph. I believe places like off-road warehouse and other 4wd stores sell the adapters for the increased tire size.. Your difference will be minimal. On my old truck I went from 205 R 14 to 31 R 15 and I had about 8 mph difference at freeway speeds.

Tony

Reply to
1992 Toyota Xcab

That's kind of scary. While doing 80 on I-95 and if I'm really doing 88, the difference in the cost of a speeding ticket goes from about $70 to $150.

Barry

Reply to
F330 GT

Heck, my '88 2WD pickup speedometer reads a little over 4 MPH fast with stock size tires. At an indicated 50 MPH, I'm going a little over 45 MPH. I guess that's helped keep me 'almost' legal for the past 15 years, or so... :>))

Tom - Vista, CA

Reply to
TOM

Thanks. I check into the places you listed.

Roxy

Reply to
Roxy