Door, headlight, key buzzer

Hello,

Does anybody know where this buzzer is on a '95 Toyota 4Runner? I've read multiple service manuals and none of them match my truck!? I'd like to disable the buzzer without disconnecting the door switch (so the light will still come on when the door is open).

thanks, Bryan

Reply to
bryancandi

I drive an '01 Tacoma,so I don't know if this will work or apply to your Runner. If you'll disassemble the electrical pod behind the steering wheel on the steering column where the control stalks are mounted, there's a wire connected to a baby-blue connector inside it. I think it's a quick-disconnect. If your Runner is the same as my Tacoma, detach that wire and the buzz will stop.

Reply to
Radrunner

I disconnected the buzzer on my Ford using that method, and the beauty of that method is that the chime still works if the lights are left on when the door is open.

The chime is not centered on the key anymore, it's centered on electric loads that you probably want to turn off.

Reply to
Jeff Strickland

thanks, i'll take a look tomorrow and see how it goes.

Reply to
bryancandi

Reply to
Scotty

I spliced into the door switch so I can turn off the buzzer when I want.

: > Does anybody know where this buzzer is on a '95 Toyota 4Runner? I've read : > multiple service manuals and none of them match my truck!? I'd like to : > disable the buzzer without disconnecting the door switch (so the light : > will : > still come on when the door is open). : >

: > thanks, : > Bryan : >

: >

: >

: >

Reply to
Fuller Rath

Reply to
bryancandi

What about when the other doors are open?

Reply to
Scotty

On mine the buzzer only activates when the driver's door is open

: >

: What about when the other doors are open? : :

Reply to
Fuller Rath

Mine too. I just finished wiring up the switch. It works great. I already had a switch I installed in the dash a couple years ago and never ended up using it for anything, so now it finally does something. Thank you all for your suggestions!

Bryan

Reply to
bryancandi

Here's a pic:

Radrunner

yeah, well there plenty of free podcasts or whatever on the internet that are supposedly "designed" for workouts, but remember -- you get what you pay for -- the creators of these podcasts have to rely on "free" music...... they can't license real hits, they could never afford to ....:) if you look carefully at the playlists, you'll realize they are all either outdated techno from back in the 90's, or they are really "underground" (i.e. terribly, terribly boring) tracks, with just a beat going forever until u want to kill yourself -- ....

If you want something that's really going to get you motivated and keep you motivated... I recommend the "Euro Club Hits" series -- it's on iTunes -- you can just search for it, or try this link: :eek:

witweew