Drivers side floor - soaked

Everytime it rains, the floor is soaked on the drivers side.

if I feel the carpet under the pedals, it seems dry. Any suggestions where the water can be coming from.

I was thinking that the seal might be broke on the windshiled but thought the carpet would be wet under the pedals as it passes by to pool on the floor pan?????????

Reply to
Myizronu2

It might help if you mentioned what vehicle you have. You might try to locate the leaking using a garden hose. Have a helper get in the car to look for water coming in while you run the hose over the car. Start down low on the body and SLOWLY work your way up with the hose. When you can see water inside try to locate the leak visually or by covering a smaller area with the hose.

Reply to
Mike

Another trick you can try is to start the car and put the blower motor on high and set to fresh air with all the doors and windows closed. Get a mixture of soap and water and pour it over the area were you think the leak may be and look for bubbles.

Reply to
Mike

Check the weep holes on the bottom of the door. If they are clogged, water will build up in the door and when the water level inside the door gets high enough it will work its way out from behind the door panel and soak the carpet between the door and the seat. Good luck. Al

Reply to
al

I have 2000 Tacoma pre-runner and had the same problem on the passenger side. My dealer supplied a factory bulliten on the problem. They said it could be either side. My truck was past the warrenty so they would not co it on warrenty. There was a seam where the firewall panel attaches to the cab side panel that was not sealed properly and after time could leak. The trouble was that after the truck was assembled the welded on panel that extends forward that the fender and the inner skirt are attached to makes it impossible to get to the seam. the toyota repair was to take a slecific sealer which I do not remember and pour it down the seam from the top and you have to remove the fender. has been over 3 years and I have no leaks . I would suggest you see your local dealer and ask them about this bulliten. I hope this helps you. Good luck. Scott

-- Message posted using

information at

zonie

Next time it rains, check to see if there is water there before you drive. It could be forcing it's way in from road spray through a very tiny hole in the floor pan. Might not be a leak at all without some spray from your tires.

Reply to
Long Ranger

smell it, too. just in case.

Reply to