Dull Headlight lenses

I've bought a 1999 Toyota PU and the lenses on the headlights are dingy looking and really detract from the looks of the truck. I don't have the truck yet....it's being shipped in, but I'm looking for options to deal with those dingy headlights... Any suggestions would be appreciated...

Reply to
Nick Williams

By dull do you mean not bright enoigh or the the [lastic lense is oxidized?

----------------- The SnoMan

SnoMan

Plastic lense is oxidized...

I sodl my 91 Toyota to a fellow who had purchased new headlights and they were clear and had halogen lights... I'm hoping these same akind of lights are available for the 1999.

Thanks for the reply...

NJ

Reply to
Nick Williams

Try Mother's Plastic Polish (got mine at PEP Boys).

Reply to
tombstne

If you go to WalMart and get some Kit polishing compound it will clean it right up like nearly new. (take oxidation right off) It is in a yellow bottle and it works great for this. My duaghter got a 97 saturn a while back the one light was oxidized badly, used the Kit on it and it looks great now.

----------------- The SnoMan

SnoMan

TOM

Toothpaste and a soft brush worked well with my dulled-out headlight lenses.

Reply to
Skip

Group: Thanks for the tip... Probably saved me some cash..cause I was going to replace those lenses if I could find replacements.

NJ

Reply to
Nick Williams

Yes, but do you floss the edges?

Reply to
Mike Harris

Nick,

Had the same issue on my 94 Camry....while more expensive than the polishing route (hey....I'm lazy !), I found replacement lights on eBay...just another option !

Dean...

Nick Williams wrote:

Reply to
D Larsen

Just the screws

Reply to
Skip

Another product that works GREAT is "Blue Magic" Metal and Aluminum polish. It's pretty cheap and the directions say it's safe for fiberglass and plastic. I buy it at Wal-Mart. On my new Tundra, I use Meguire's NXT on the paint, plus I put a coat on the headlights and taillights every other waxing. It helps to keep them from oxidizing. Dave

Reply to
nospam