ECM question and comments.

2 weeks ago my 2002 Tundra had the check engine light come on...I put it in drive and nothing. Would not accelerate at all. I turned it off then went to work. 2 hours later come home started it and light was still on but I could drive it as if all was normal. Soon after that the light went out and I forgot all about it..last week I was out of town and my wife was driving it when she tells me the light was on and the same thing happened to her. One different thing that happened to her was when she put it in drive after shutting down the truck then when she restarted it and put it in drive she felt as if someone had just rear-ended her. It did it to me too.

I took it to the local Auto Zone and they said it was more than likely the Throttle Position sensor (TPS). I got home and decided to take it to my Toyota dealer. After 3 days in the shop waiting... Advisor says "good news/bad news". Bad news is that it's the ECM, good news is that it has an 8 year warranty. Good grief!!! $1,300 for the ECM?! I hope I never have it go out after 8 years.

Question...Where is the ECM located on my truck? It's an 8 cylinder.

2UZ-FE type engine. Part # is 89661-0C351. Does everything sound on the up and up? I never knew I had such longer warranties on certain parts and I surely have never found them in the handbook.

Thanks for any input....Robert

Reply to
Robert

Your ecm is located behind glove box,u have to remove panel and air duct

"Robert" wrote: > 2 weeks ago my 2002 Tundra had the check engine light come > on...I put it > in drive and nothing. Would not accelerate at all. I turned it > off then > went to work. 2 hours later come home started it and light was > still on > but I could drive it as if all was normal. Soon after that the > light > went out and I forgot all about it..last week I was out of > town and my > wife was driving it when she tells me the light was on and the > same > thing happened to her. One different thing that happened to > her was when > she put it in drive after shutting down the truck then when > she > restarted it and put it in drive she felt as if someone had > just > rear-ended her. It did it to me too. > > I took it to the local Auto Zone and they said it was more > than likely > the Throttle Position sensor (TPS). > I got home and decided to take it to my Toyota dealer. After 3 > days in > the shop waiting... Advisor says "good news/bad news". Bad > news is that > it's the ECM, good news is that it has an 8 year warranty. > Good grief!!! > $1,300 for the ECM?! I hope I never have it go out after 8 > years. > > Question...Where is the ECM located on my truck? It's an 8 > cylinder. > 2UZ-FE type engine. Part # is 89661-0C351. > Does everything sound on the up and up? > I never knew I had such longer warranties on certain parts and > I surely > have never found them in the handbook. > > Thanks for any input....Robert

Reply to
waynes93jeep