Engine Problem - 1987 Toyota Pickup

A couple of weeks ago, my 1987 Toyota pickup 4 X 2 automatic with O/D dies, none of the lights on the panel would show up nor the gauges move plus the engine would not roll over. I first thought it was the battery and jumped it, no avail with the inclusion of buying a new battery. So I just had a friend tow it off to work on it. Is there any ideas any of you may think it could be or what service it needs? It's my winter truck and use it alot with snow and ice so now's not the best time for it quit.

Reply to
Nathan Jackson