Exhaust leak somewhere near engine.

Hey, I have a Toyota EFI 4x4 Pickup 4 banger with a 22R-E engine.

I had a friend put a terminator exhaust on there and it gives me POWER and it sounds beefy too! But the tough sounding muffler is drowned out by the ANNOYING exhaust leak SOMEWHERE near the engine. I'd say the exhaust manifold but it's lower than that. The pipes appear to be in good shape and no holes can be seen.

Has anyone had a similar problem with their 'yota? Where do I look first? Any help is appreciated.

I'll be looking at it tomorrow and taking off the manifold cover and seeing if I can see anything.

Reply to
Shinnokxz

I've had my pipe crack about 6 inches from the exhaust manifold, right where the two pipes merge into one.

hey Shin:

My 86 4Runner 22RE does the same thing. There are 2 donut exhaust gaskets in there and it sounds like you have burnt them away - just like me. $10 for a new pair and 30 minutes of work and you're good as new

Layne

Reply to
Seely Court