fan clutch id problem

How can you tell what kind of fan clutch you have? I need one for a 98

4WD Tacoma, and all the parts people want to know if it is a "thermal" or "non thermal"......

Many thanks,

Reply to
Mike Cunningham

Good timing.. I just replaced the fan clutch yesterday in my 98 Tacoma 4x4 v6.. I ordered the clutch from

and it works fine. The price beats the dealer too.. I did have a problem getting the generator bolts loose. But if I had to do it again, I think I would try to just remover the top radiator hose, and fan shroud. Then just remove the nuts on the fan. I thought they were bolts so I loosened the belts, but I don't think you have too. Joel

Reply to
Joel

the one i have only lasted 1yr and i didnt really run the a/c that much or pull any hills to make it really heet up seems nuts to spend 116.00 dollars every yr to replace it any ideas

BAIN15

Reply to
dan baker