Flutters under load..

I have a 98 Tacoma 4X4 , V6 SR-5 that has started to vibrate under load. It don't matter what gear I'm in or speed. When I step on the accelerator to get up to speed I get vibrations. If I'm cursing along at speed and even a little bit of pressure on the accelerator, I have this vibrations. I thought it was the tires but I just had them all replaced and a good lug centric balance.. . I don't think it's a tire issue as it's smooth when not under power at most any speed. It's even smooh if I push in the clutch while picking up speed coasting down hill.. I have no engine error show . It seems to idle fine

Anyone have any ideas?

Thanks Joe

Reply to
AG4QC

How long since the last tune-up ? Sounds like it could be a bad spark plug wire.

Reply to
Mike

I'd check your motor mounts while you are looking for the problem. Paul.

Reply to
Paul.

And driveshaft U-joints too!

Reply to
M.Paul

One thing that I just noticed is it seems to be okay until the engine heats up. The first few miles after the truck has been sitting is fine. Then it starts.. I would think any thing like a U-Joint or plug wires or motor mounts would be there all the time. Makes me think maybe there is a thermostat switch or something that isn't working and causing fuel mixture problem? But then again, my temp meter seems to be working fine and I don't see any errors or 'check engine' light. Is there a separate sensor just for the computer? If there is, can I disconnect it or short it to ground? (That's if it's a switch)..

Reply to
AG4QC