Frame up rebuild 1987

My grandmother gave me her old pickup it was rolled about 10 years ago and somewhat fixed anyhow in short I am attempting a complete frame up rebuild of it and I have 2 questions first how do you pull the cab off completely I dont want to do something wrong and screw it up. I know there are 6 bolts holding it on but do I have to remove the steering box and associated components in order to remove the cab? Next question is how do I remove the fuse box from the wiring harness? The fuse box has been damaged the housing is cracked and broken. I appreciate any info on this and I am sure this will not be my last question to all of you as I am certainly no mechanic. Thanks

Reply to
nevada_matt

Yup gotta remove the steering colum -- or at least undo the coupling. On one side where the wire terminal goes into the plastic fush box there is a little ear -- if you push a thin blade you can pull the wire with terminal out. I have an extra fuse panel from an 86 you can have for cost of postge -- is it the inside or outside engine compartment one?

"nevada_matt" wrote in message news:nevada snipped-for-privacy@no-mx.forums.yourdomain.com.au...

Reply to
Wolfgang

its an inside

Reply to
nevada_matt

Willing to send it to ya but see you aren't US so suspect shipping would be tad more that $5!

"nevada_matt" wrote in message news:nevada snipped-for-privacy@no-mx.forums.yourdomain.com.au...

Reply to
Wolfgang

I am in the U.S. I live in Nevada dont know where you got that? Have to fix that

Reply to
nevada_matt

Your signature is a pretty good indication, unless there's a country named Nevada... :>))

Reply to
TOM

But this shows in a reply to him:

Reply to
Cappy

Looked to me like he was down-under (au)! Matt - let me know if you do need one as I have extra I won't use - just cover postage to ya.

Reply to
Wolfgang