Front Left signal lights

I have a 1990 4Runner and I had a few burnt out lights. Most I could replace easily, except the front left signal lights. In my Haynes manual, it says to remove the 2 screws from the len and then pull the len off. I have tried this, but the len won't come off ( I tried using a small screw driver to pry it off, but cracked the plastic). I can see that it is attached to the chrome front grill by 2 plastic plugs, do I need to use needle nose plyers to completely remove the light or what? Thank-you in advance for your advise.

Reply to
Silentsam