Front License Plate Mounting

Has anyone found an adapter which allows mounting of a front license plate on a 2004 4Runner? The provided holes are too narrow for the holes on a standard plate. Maybe drilling new holes in the plate is the only solution but if there is another way I would like to hear about it, Thanks

Reply to
George Scanlon

Here's a photo that shows my front plate screw holes:

It came predrilled and with screws, but I suspect the dealer did it, not the factory.

--Dan

Reply to
Dan O'Connor

I bought a universal black plastic plate mounting kit from Advance Auto for under $5 and mounted it to bumper and then plate to it. It spaces plate away from painted bumper.

Reply to
Wolfgang