Front Lift Kits

For coil-spring spacer front-end lift kits, which is better?

Spacers that go inside the spring-strut assembly? or spacers that go on top of the spring-strut assembly?

It would seem to me that spacers that go on top of the spring-strut assembly would be better because they don't require a spring compressor to disassemble the strut and because you can use the original shocks. But I'm told, for reasons I'm not clear on, that inside the strut spacers are better.

Any thoughts?

-Cyberbilly

Reply to
Cyberbilly

What were the reasons given?

And what sort of vehicle?

Reply to
Roger Brown

They supposedly put less strain on the upper ball joints.

2001 Toyota Tundra.

-CB

Reply to
Cyberbilly

|| For coil-spring spacer front-end lift kits, which is better?

I've got a fabtech 3.5" lift using coil over WITH a tall spacer on top

|| Spacers that go inside the spring-strut assembly? or spacers that go || on top of the spring-strut assembly?

it's on the top

|| It would seem to me that spacers that go on top of the spring-strut || assembly would be better because they don't require a spring || compressor to disassemble the strut and because you can use the || original shocks. But I'm told, for reasons I'm not clear on, that || inside the strut spacers are better. || || Any thoughts? || || -Cyberbilly

For a simple lift, the coilover package is nice, but for just cheapness, the spacer on top of the strut is easier to install, cheaper by a longshot, and a better value when you start out...

Reply to
RedForeman ©®