Front springs/shocks does the side matter?

Sorry for what could be a stupid question but....

I just bought a used set of the front coil spring/shocks for a 99 TRD Tacoma extra cab. I did this so I could put them on my truck for a few weeks or months while I have the current springs powder coated I will also be adding a 3" lift when the originals are re installed.

The question is that some instructions say to make sure you get the parts back on the same side they came off of. How do you tell which spring goes on which side with springs that you bought used? Does it really matter?

Thank for the help, Dave (New to this do it yourself stuff)

Reply to
Dave muhlestein

I know the rear shocks are different, side to side, on the Tacoma. I'm not sure about the front, but I think they are the same. You might try the Tacoma Territory site

and seeif they have any tips.

Reply to
Roger Brown