Fuel guage and Temperture guage dead

1987 Toyota PU 2WD carburetted. The day before both were fine. The next mor ning the needles in both don't move. All other lights, signals, horn etc wo rk fine. Checked all the fuses behind the panel next to the brake pedal, al l fuses under the hood and even checked behind the glove box but those seem ed to be for the AC and Heater. Anybody with any ideas/tips? If I have too I am prepared to start digging under the dash for loose/frayed wiring but I need to know where to look to find the correct wires.
Reply to
Den

orning the needles in both don't move. All other lights, signals, horn etc work fine. Checked all the fuses behind the panel next to the brake pedal, all fuses under the hood and even checked behind the glove box but those se emed to be for the AC and Heater. Anybody with any ideas/tips? If I have to o I am prepared to start digging under the dash for loose/frayed wiring but I need to know where to look to find the correct wires.

Here is an update. I searched other Toyota truck forums last night and foun d a post on one where a fellow had the same problem as me and he found a so lution. He removed the gauge cluster from the dash so he could access the r ear of the cluster. He found a couple of the screws that hold the circuit b oard down and hold the Temp and Fuel gauges also provide a ground point. He found these screws loose. After he tightened them everything came back to life.

So, this afternoon, I tried the same thing. But none of the screws on my PC B were loose. So I loosened them and re-tightened them all just the same. I re-assembled everything and found that my gauges worked again. I'm leaving well enough alone.

Reply to
Den