Gas Consumption - 03 Taco

I have had my 03 Taco now for 1 year. Here are my gas stats, average for an

03 XtraCab 4x4 Distance $/L L Cost Miles Gal MPG Km/L L/100Km

17468 0.837 2442.4 2040 10917 540 20.429 7.23 13.96

Max 0.995 25.1 9

16.49 Min 0.789 17.1 6.1 11.32

25.1MPG was a summer highway trip. 17 was middle of winter, snow with a snowmobile aboard. I swapped my 31 in tires for 28's and got better mileage after that. My 4cyl had a hard time cutting through snow with 10in wide tires.

Reply to
Brad P

"Brad P" wrote in : Did you recalibrate your odometer or mathematically compensate for the change in tire diameter when you changed tires?

Just wondering Brewster

I have had my 03 Taco now for 1 year. Here are my gas stats, average for

Reply to
Brewster

No, it's only 3-4% off. I compared it to a GPS speedo. When I was doing

100kph, the GPS was showing slightly faster, but not by much, not as much as I had initially figured, ie 7-8%.
Reply to
Brad P

What Octane Do you Use? Thanks:

Reply to
abba1972

That difference is significant, especially when you are gauging your mileage on a long trip. In my case, for every 100 miles, you are about

5.5 miles different which can add give you 1.5 or so miles more to the gallon.

JBA

Reply to
PhDirt

True, so it would seem on the highway at least I am getting slightly better mileage. That is one of the things with going to a slightly bigger tire, slightly better on the highway, slightly worse in the city from what I understand.

Reply to
Brad P

regular unleaded, I think its 88.

Reply to
Brad P

That's way better than my Sequoia. It gets around 17 MPG on highway and 12 on local roads.

Also I found that "computer" calculation of the trip meter always reports more mileage (optimistic) than reality.

Is it a common "problem" to your Toyota car?

Reply to
Harry