got in wreck, now what? (UPDATE)

Truck is going into the shop tomorrow. $4,888 to replace the bed, back bumper, dents in the rear of the cab from where the bed got shoved up, and blend the paint. Also includes a Line-X bedliner, as that is what the truck contained at the time of the wreck. Any advice on how to get something for "diminished value?"

Reply to
The Godfather

"Dimished Value"! Does that mean "Junkyard"?

BTW, what did they pay you/charge you?

Reply to
HachiRoku

It wasn't totaled.

Reply to
The Godfather

Diminished value is the easiest part. Just take the truck to 2-3 dealerships, preferably ones that know of the vehicle, and ask them to evaluate the value as a non-wrecked vehicle versus a repaired one and put it on dealership letterhead. Most reasonably reputable places will do this. If you get 2 or 3 quotes that are almost identical (say, $3,500, $3,250, and $3,700 difference) the insurance company will usually average it out and cut you a check. I missed the original thread about the accident so I don't know who was at fault and if it is your own insurance companies or theirs. I have had to do the diminished value things a few times and so far the hardest part is getting one of the managers of a car dealership to get off their butt long enough to look at the car.

Reply to
DragonRider