Hand brake light on 94 short box

My brake light comes on although my hand brake is disengaged. I figure its frozen up, but crawled under and bulled it aback. the switch must be making contact. where the light switch located in the cab? when I start to move it goes out and then comes on, or I come to stop. can someone give me a solution. is the light making contact due to the handbrank handle not being in far enough?

Reply to
amc

Linda Parker

"Linda Parker" wrote in news:3LSdnWLaL7 snipped-for-privacy@comcast.com:

Unplug it at reservoir. Defective switch in '94s

Reply to
dc

Correct! That's normal, it should run low on fluid from normal wear at least once before you need front brake pads and/or rear shoes, or both if your timing sucks. Whenever you add fluid like that, have someone check the brake linings at the next service.

Fronts can be checked visually in 30 seconds with only a flashlight, should be free or at worst a $5 tip. For the rear brakes you have to dismount the tires and pull the drums to look, that takes

10 minutes.

The front disc calipers and pads don't have self-adjusters or retract springs, so as the pads wear they move out a little farther and it takes more fluid volume to keep the system full.

Might be so, though I never heard about it - but I wouldn't disable it, I'd replace the switch module.

If you don't fix or replace that float switch, you now have to pay extra special attention to the brake fluid level, check the level at least monthly. If you let it run really low on brake fluid and it sucks in air, you risk partial or total loss of braking.

-->--

Reply to
Bruce L. Bergman