Hauling with mid-size truck

Who makes a good spring helper or air bag for the mid-sized, four cylinder, manual truck and how much weight could you hall with it without damage to the suspension?

Reply to
Fred

get air bags on the back shocks. my friend can handle 3500 lbs, or was that 3500 more than stock.. dunno.... yeah.

go for em

Reply to
ThoseWhoHatedMeCreatedMe

"Fred" sez:

See

Installation is straightforward and I've put them on a Suburban (glad that POS is gone!) and my Tundra.

While air bags can help with butt sag when hauling heavy loads, you should not load beyond the maximum ratings of the particular vehicle. Its not just the suspension you'd be stressing, but also the engine, transmission and

*most importantly* the brakes.

I'd guess you'd be limited to 1200 to 1500 lbs. payload.

Good wrenchin' to ya, VLJ

Reply to
vlj