Head Swap Question

What possible problems might I run into if I attempt to install an '88

22RE head on my '87 22R engine? Jerry

PS If you'd prefer to answer this via e:mail, just take one of the zeroes out of my return address. jj

Reply to
Jerry

scott and barb

Being the newbie that I am, my next question is "What is a fuel pump boss?" jerry

Reply to
Jerry

It is cast into the head and machined to allow the mechanical fuel pump to be mounted where it can be driven by the camshaft.

Even if it the head doesn't have it you could still use the head by installing an electric fuel pump near the gas tank. (Electrics are pushers; not pullers) I did this on a VW van when I bought a fuel injected engine and put my progressive carburetor kit on it from the blown engine. I also installed a pressure regulator just before the carburetor to make sure the fuel pressure was close to the mechanical pumps output. I installed a good inline filter before the pump.

Jarhead

"We have no government armed with power capable of contending with human passions unbridled by morality and religion...Our Constitution was made only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate to the government of any other."

-John Adams

Reply to
Jarhead