Headlights/Driving lights

I would like to add some bright driving lights to my 94 4Runner. Any one have some experience to lend here? Also, how about links for good headlights. Are there any aftermarket lights that exceed the brightness of stock? Thanks for your help.

Reply to
David N. Emmet

Call the Highway Patrol or DMV to check your local rules before you install and wire them - better than dealing with a traffic ticket afterwards. You didn't mention where you live, and I didn't see any obvious clues in the headers.

California has a half-dozen Vehicle Code sections about how high Driving Lights can be mounted, how many you can have on your car, how they need to be aimed, and that driving lights can only operate along with (not instead of) the factory high beams - when you hit the dimmer switch to low-beams, the driving lights have to be wired to turn off at the same time.

Fog Lights have similar rules, and can only run with the factory low beams on - you can't turn the headlights off and use the Fog Lights alone legally. I would expect that most states and provinces do the same basic thing, and resolving a fix-it ticket is a pain...

-->--

Reply to
Bruce L. Bergman