Help! 22R - Can you identify this bracket?

1987 pickup 22R w/carb. I'm changing out the head gasket and timing chain ect. I had to leave the truck for a few days and now I can't remember where this bracket goes. Thanks, Den

Den

See the thread below, its part of the power steering pump support bracket:

Roger Brown

Did my head gasket 2 weeks ago and couldn't figure out where it went either so I left it off. Should I pull it apart and install it? How important is it? The thread you referenced had a couple of comments about everyone running out and installing their bracket, so I assume a lot of 22RE's are driving around without this bracket.....

Thanks in advance

Dave

Reply to
Dave Leslie