Help needed with 93 4x4 front caliper rebuild

I have a 93 v6 4x4 est. cab and I am redoing my brake calipers on the front. This truck has the four piston caliper that has two halves of the caliper held together by bolts. I pulled the caliper off the truck, removed all fittings, replaced pads, hardware and pins, wire wheeled the caliper and will be honing the cylinders and pistons before i put the brake calipers back together. Do i need to apply some sort of high temp sealant (if so, which brand/type?) on the two mating surfaces of the caliper halves? It didnt appear to me that their was any on it before, but in my trial run on the pad install, i noticed that that seam leaks fluid. If you can figure out what i am talking about, I would appreciate any help. Thanx, Matt

Reply to
Matt C.

Matt C.

Reply to