Helwig Add-A-Leaf Springs

I got some Helwig add-a-leafs for my '03 Tundra and it seems the oem spring keepers prevent installation. Helwig is sending me a shorter spring but the keepers will still prevent full travel of the aals. Anybody have any experience with Helwigs, or any other aals? I went with the Helwigs because they were supposed to pretty much maintain my unloaded ride quality vs springs that go in the spring pack. thanks, bill g

Reply to
bill g

Stick with Hellwig on this. If they can't supply a kit that fits, maybe there's a change for 2003 that they don't know about, and their product won't work for you.

I've heard good things about the Roadmaster Active Suspension.

Another possibility is Timbren.

Ken

Reply to
Ken Shelton

I'd stick with Hellwig on this and let them try to work it out. Maybe there's a change to the 2003 that they don't know about and their product just won't work for you. Any chance...I'm not trying to be insulting...that you're not looking at something right? Trying to put the left on the right, or something simple like all of us have done? We've all struggled with something, then, click, "...oh...," and we see what we've missed all along and it goes together.

Also consider: Roadmaster Active Suspension

Timbren

And, of course, helper springs do not raise a truck's capacity; they help level the truck when it's heavily laden.

Ken

Reply to
Ken Shelton

-- "There are three truths: the truth, the whole truth, and nothing but the truth."

John Allen Muhammad

Reply to
bill g

I tried to say to give Hellwig a chance to work this out. If it won't work out, then they just aren't right, and Hellwig needs to know. As you say, send them back.

Ken

insulting...that

Reply to
Ken Shelton

My intent was for you to give Hellwig a chance to solve this problem. If it's not right, Hellwig needs to know, and then you send it back.

Ken

insulting...that

Reply to
Ken Shelton